Friday, August 1, 2014

Him and Her

I thought it would be appropriate to start this blog off by introducing ourselves. I don't know what brought you to this blog, maybe you know Tysen, maybe you know me, maybe you know the both of us, or perhaps you just stumbled upon us. Nonetheless you guys are going to get to know us a little better.

Firstly, I mainly started this blog for Tysen and I to look back on. Like a journal ya know? I guess that's what a lot of people use blogs for. Anyways lets start with us.

Us
We have been married exactly a year ... tomorrow. A large amount of people told us before we got married that the first year is the hardest. I say false! Well at least for us, I understand all marriages are different. Then as my marriage as gone on people have asked me what the hardest part about being married is. I never seemed to have answer. So I thought I should ponder about it. Here is what I came up with. It's hard/fun to blend two families together. We were both raised differently and there was a lot of moments for us where we disagreed with each other because we both thought something should be done one way. But we figured it out and now have "our way" for doing those things. Don't ask me what the things were because I have an awful memory and I couldn't tell ya. 

Long story short about how we met, I went to Idaho Falls to visit my twin sister whom Tysen was best friends with, we were attracted to each other strangely quick. He came up to Canada to take me on our first date. We started dating long distance (seeing each other every 2 weeks or so) for 5 months. We finally ended up in the same town. A few months later got engaged (that's a whole roller coaster of a story on it's own) then August 2nd, 2013 came around and we got married. We are now both studying at BYU-Idaho. The end. I'm kind of really impressed on how quickly I summed that up. I sometimes like to add to many unnecessary details. 

Him
Tysen is an American from Idaho. He is quite the outdoors man. He loves skiing, fishing, camping, photography, videography and guns. One thing about Tysen is when he loves something it's more borderline addiction, I mean that in the most humorous of ways. He's just very passionate about his hobbies. When he's not doing those things he's doing all kinds of research about those things he loves. Tysen is the funniest and most kind person. He can make anybody feel comfortable around him with his easy going attitude. Currently he is majoring in Health Care Administration and hopefully he'll be graduating in 2 years. 

Me
I am a small town Canadian girl. I am studying Medical Assisting and graduate in April. The human body fascinates me, so much that one time I had knee surgery and asked to stay awake during it so I could watch. That was awesome. I have a borderline obsession with cooking shows, mostly the ones that involve Gordon Ramsay. He is a brilliant chef. Which brings me to my next hobbie, cooking. I LOVE to cook. If I had all the money in the world I would spend it on good food. Sometimes I have to watch Chopped to get inspired what to cook for dinner. Pinterest is brilliant, I'm so glad I live in a time where that exists or else maybe I would despise cooking. I like taking pictures as well. I wish took dance as a kid so I live that dream through watching So You Think You Can Dance. Your aloud to have a passion without actually doing that thing right? I enjoy family time. It's the most valuable time in my eyes. 

1 comment:

  1. Christian is just like Tysen too! If he's not doing he is researching. It could lead to some extremes cause he always finds something bigger and better than you need but whatever.

    ReplyDelete